Ring security system questions

1. Lost power last night and it did not seem to go to cell service though we have the full monitoring services.

2. Does the system normally go crazy when the power goes out? Access pad was going crazy, per my spouse as I didn’t hear it.

3. Base station kept “notifying” there was no power, is there a way we can turn those notifications off or at least have it not notify us that we don’t have power through out the duration of the power outage?

4. Does the Ring base station have it’s own cell service, or does it work with the primary user’s phone? I’m asking b/c I was the prime, but now my spouse is the prime on all Ring equipment we have.

Hey @flb3. The Cellular Backup should kick in if the Base Station has enough power for the battery backup, which as long as the Base Station is plugged in 24/7, it should have a 24 hour battery backup. After this battery backup dies, the Base Station will go offline, but you should have time in between where it is in cellular backup if you have paid for and are subscribed to the Ring Protect Plus Plan. In addition, the Cellular Backup is provided to the Base Station from the SIM Card within it that uses the AT&T cellular service, and therefore you must have a decent enough AT&T cellular strength/service in your area for the Cellular Backup to kick in and work.

With this in mind, I recommend following up with our support team, since your Base Station seems to have gone offline, thus rendering the rest of the Alarm equipment to go crazy and not function as you expect it to. Our support team can look into this further for you to ensure your Cellular Backup is working and is kicking in when it’s supposed to. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile: