Ring extender

Hello all,

I put a Ring Extender about 4 feet away from a door and motion sensor that was getting a weak signal from the base. It’s still telling me it has a very weak signal. Is there another step that I’m missing so it could see the devices around it.

Hi @Boricua. The signals may take a couple hours to update after putting in the extender, or when the alarm devices check-in with the Base Station. If you’re still having this concern after 24 hours, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

The range extender is supposed to be installed near a midway point to the Base Station, not next to the sensor getting a weak signal. If you install it next to the sensor with a weak signal, then your extender is also getting a weak signal.

1 Like

Good afternoon HouTX,

Thank you for your help! I don’t think this is what’s happening with me. Besides the two sensors that I mentioned, I have another door sensor in the same direction but further away, in a bedroom that is communicating just fine. I also purchased another repeater for a door that leads to my garage in the opposite direction that communicates with the base but in the app. it has a red signal that indicates a weak or poor signal. No matter where I place the repeater these three devices show they are having problems with the signal.

Hi Chelsea,

The following is a response to HouTex who was kind enough to try and help me:

"Good afternoon HouTX,

Thank you for your help! I don’t think this is what’s happening with me. Besides the two sensors that I mentioned, I have another door sensor in the same direction but further away, in a bedroom that is communicating just fine. I also purchased another repeater for a door that leads to my garage in the opposite direction that communicates with the base but in the app. it has a red signal that indicates a weak or poor signal. No matter where I place the repeater these three devices show they are having problems with the signal."

Anyway, the repeaters have been installed for a while now and the problem persists.

@Boricua Since you’re having this concern with multiple devices, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. Our support team will be able to work with you step-by-step to improve the signal each sensor is receiving. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.