Ring app push notifications not working on iOS

Hello Ring Team,

Since 10 days ago, suddenly both my iPhone and iPad are not receiving any push or email notifications from Ring app. I tried couple of times reinstalling the app, re-enable the notifications but still no luck. Both devices are running iOS 13.5.1 ( latest release at the moment), I would appreciate if you can double check if there is any problem with the APN push server as the notifications stopped working in the same time for the both devices.

Hey @sarplaninec. We do not have any problems at this time with notifications being sent to neighbors, and did not have this previously when your post was created. Are you still having this issue? If so, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi @Chelsea_Ring. Thanks for replying back, I’ve already called support one week ago however they advised the usual things like uninstall/reinstall, re-enable the push notifications but still it didn’t work. That’s the reason why I decided to post here on the forum, I was wondering if someone else has the same problem.

I had the same issue with my droid a feww weeks ago. After an hour he said call samsung. I said no :slight_smile: Then I got second level. So after unionstall reinstal many times I think I went to view my stickup cam and it asked if ring could access my phone.

No clue if that is what triggered it or if he did something. He kept saying let me look at something.

So if you have a camera see if it will push. If not call them back till they fix it.

31 May 2020

Partial outage11 hrs54 mins
RELATED

https://status.ring.com/

1 Like

Hi, I got the same problem. Everything seems to work (doorbell and camera pash notifications work) but alarm notifications won’t work (both push and email).

I have contacted support and went first first line to alarm system to advanced troubleshooting team but they couldn’t solve it.

I am now waiting on response what they could find.

I can see all things happening in the app so info is send to Ring server… it’s not sending it back to my devices or mail (have both android en ios)

Thanks for sharing your experience @SpeedyDH, sounds exactly like the issue I’m experiencing. I tried everything and still it’s not working, let’s hope Ring will manage to fix this as it’s really frustrating not receiving the notifications.

Hi, a little update… this morning I had a power outage at my home. I noticed I got a push notification about this… after tuning everything on again it looks like notifications also work…

Even emails are send (which I thought has nothing to do with my onpremise alarm system)

I have rebooted the system several times before but used the option in the app… no idea if there is a difference with really tuning the system down.

On the other hand, support was also looking into this… did not recieve a response, it’s also possible it’s pure luck… and they fixed it on their side…

Have you tried to turn of your system and reboot?

Hi @SpeedyDH,

Two days ago, I tried to reboot the system few times but still no notifications received. And then yesterday, suddenly in the afternoon the push notifications came back and now are working fine on both my iphone and ipad :slight_smile: I don’t know know what changed in meantime, probably Ring guys changed something on their side and fixed the issue.

2 Likes

I am having the same issues. Going on for about 2 months now. Reboot, pulled battery, reset network, tried it all and nothing works. Activity is happening in the app, but not notifications occur. Very frustrating.

Hi @Jcrisp! The best next step will be to remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device. This will ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. Please also check your alert settings in the Ring app, as there are toggles for type of alerts and method. As long as your Ring device is online and you are receiving other mobile device alerts just fine, this should work as intended. free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I’ve tried all of the above and had no luck. There’s clearly and issue if it’s happening to others and simply restarting devices fixes it.

Thank you for trying those steps! The only other recommendation I have is to ensure your device is not in silent or do not disturb mode. You can also check on your push alerts by visiting the Ring app Menu > Settings > Alarm Alerts > Push, and toggling each notification on. In this section you will also see the option to receiving emergency alerts in do not disturb mode. Check out our help center article to learn more about this feature.

If this concern persists, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

While I apprecaite your support, none of those options fix this issue. I rebooted the base station one more time, removed and reset the app again, and still nothing. Alerts/notifications from my camera’s work - but not the alarm.

Support isn’t a valid option either - I reach out and they inform me they cannot help with device troubleshooting.

Hi @Jcrisp! Our support is best reached by phone for troubleshooting, and are certainly available to help with your concerns.

As stated previously, we’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I’m having the exact same issue, and I’ve tried all the troubleshooting above as well. I’ve deleted the app, reset the phone, toggled notifications on/off in the app and iOS, etc. Nothing seems to have worked. I can see events happening in the app, I’m just not getting the notifications.

Same thing here. I have no notifications. I have all notifications turned on. Everything from alarm system changes, doors and windows opening and closing, but I get no notifications. I have already deleted the ring app and reinstalled it. I’ve also rebooted the alarm system. My device is not on silent and DND is not turned on. Things were working fine, but something is clearly broken on Ring’s side now.

Please fix this!

multiple reports of the same issues from other users - I don’t think there is anything wrong with my setup or app… can this be escalated at all? thank you!

Hey neighbors! It sounds like you have reviewed this thread and tried the recommended troubleshooting, so thank you for giving that a shot! If your device’s OS that runs the Ring App is up to date and your app has just been reinstalled, but you are still not able to get notifications, you may want to contact our support team so they can look deeper into this.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Don’t hesitate to come back with the results from your call!

I just called support and they don’t know how to fix it. The issue was even sent to level 3 support. The only other suggestion they had was to delete the ring app and restart my phone before reinstalling the app again. I did that and it still doesn’t work. This is clearly something on Ring’s servers that needs to be addressed. I’m really not sure how to proceed from here since I really need to be receiving these alerts for my alarm system.

Has anyone else had any luck?

I have not even bothered with support because I know that’s the exact response I’ll get.

I also agree, this is server issue. I’ll be dropping service when my subscription is up if not resolved, alerts/notifications are vital and not being addressed by Ring.