Ring alarm triggered, but no check up call from the monitoring center

Recently installed Ring devices and enrolled professional monitoring plan.

There was incidences that ring alarm was triggered, but neither myself nor my wife received any check up calls from the monitoring center.

Are we paying for services that doesn’t exist?

What’s worse. The customer service is non-existent that I was never able to get through.

Sorry, but I have to ask :slight_smile: Even though you paid for pro have you enabled it in settings?

I called support a couple weeks ago and had to hold for 15 mins.

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372

1 Like

Hey @anthonyz. As @PapaLanc said, you’ll definitely want to make sure Professional Monitoring is fully enabled within the Ring App. You can check this by opening the Ring App > Main Menu > Settings > Monitoring. You’ll want to make sure this says Professional Monitoring, and if you tap on it you can check the phone numbers listed for your emergency contacts to ensure the correct numbers are listed.

With that said, it also depends on how long the system was alarming before the monitoring station is alerted. If the system armed for less than 1 minute, the signal is not sent over to the monitoring station and you would not receive a phone call. You can read more about the monitoring process in our Help Center Article here. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

@Caitlyn_Ring ,

You wrote: "it also depends on how long the system was alarming before the monitoring station is alerted. If the system armed for less than 1 minute, the signal is not sent over to the monitoring station and you would not receive a phone call. "

However, the link you provided disagrees. It says Ring will call any time the alarm is triggered – there is no caveat that the alarm must sound for over 1 minute. Either you’re mistaken or Ring needs to update its webpage.

Anyway, I had the same problem. A couple weeks ago our alarm was inadvertently triggered and the siren sounded for about 60 seconds before I was able to deactivate it. No one from the Monitoring Center called our emergency contacts to check whether we needed assistance / ask for our verbal password.

I think I figured out the cause of the problem. In the app, the setting for “confirmation call” was disabled. (That seems like a very odd default setting.) I switched it to enabled. Presumably this will fix the problem.