Ring alarm outside US

Hey @Ciggy . At this time Alarm is not available outside the continental US and Canada. We encourage you to wait for Ring Alarm to arrive in your country. Due to differences in radio technology used around the world, the Ring Alarm security system currently for sale in the US is not compatible with Z-Wave devices internationally. Plus, features included with Ring Alarm, including cellular backup, will not be available if used outside of the US.

We want to ensure the best possible experience for our neighbours worldwide and continue to innovate on new, exciting products and features. Keep an eye on our social media channels and Ring blog for updates!

Any update on when Ring Alarm will be available in Europe (or the Netherlands to be more accurate). Thanks!

Hey @qw1, happy to chime in here. We do not currently have an ETA on when Ring Alarm will be available in Europe. Once we have more information, we’ll be sure to post it under News and Announcements. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im from Mexico, whem does the ring security system will be available in my country ?

If I buy the system will it work ?

Hi @R8a. As I mentioned in my previous post, we highly advise against purchasing and using the Ring Alarm system in a country or region that it is not yet available in. At this time I don’t have any news to share regarding the system being released in Mexico. I’d suggest keeping an eye out on our website, as we’ll post new product releases and updates there! :slight_smile:

Hello

Does Ring protect plus plan offer cellular back up in Ontario, Canada.

What happens if my ring alarm goes offline due to internet or power issue or if someone cuts off broadboand outside the house before breaking in?

thx

Hi @inbox4ng. This Help Center article here has lots of information in regards to Ring Alarm and Canada. You will be able to find some great information here. I hope this helps!

Hi @Tom_Ring

I did check out that page but it does not answer my specific question.

Does ring provide cellular back-up in Canada in case internet connection is not working.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @inbox4ng. Professional Monitoring includes the ability to have Cellular Back-Up. If you wish, Verizon also offers a Ring Alarm system with a Verizon Cellular Back-Up. Depending on your area, this could be a good option for you. I hope this information helps!

tom_ring I am pretty sure that Verizon does not operate in Canada. @inbox4ng was asking if there was celluar backup in CANADA. What Canadian Cellular back up do you use?

1 Like

@geoff_G In Canada, the Hub will connect via Rogers Wireless.

1 Like

That’s a good point. I was going to buy a US Ring system and bring it to my cousin in Canada but even thought the alarm system will work via wifi, you will most likely lose out on Cellular Backup and maybe Z-wave product integration. But if you just want to use it as a wifi backed alarm system I dont see how you couldn’t take it to any country.

1 Like

Hi there, neighbors! Ring Alarm’s cellular backup feature is available in Canada. There are towers around the region which partner with compatible cellular backup signal. As @va7ddp mentioned above, Rogers is a great example of a partnering provider.

Alarm systems intended for the Canada and US regions should only be used at these locations, as the Alarm system will certainly vary in operation depending on the region it was made for. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m from New Zealand. Is there any update on when the Alarm System will be available here? Or some sort of ETA??

Hey, @JoshHyde101! There is not an ETA on the availability of Alarm in New Zealand, however, I’ve shared your interest with our teams. Keep an eye on the Community and at Ring.com as we will be sure to update these areas when this changes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!
I’m looking to import to Brazil a couple of Floodlight Cam Wired Pro for my country house, they will fully work with the Plus Protect Plan?
Amazon already sells officially the Echo 4th Gen in Brazil

Hi @lfredini. The Ring Alarm is not supported in Brazil. For a list of countries that support Ring, check here. I hope this helps.

Obviously there is huge demand for the ring Alarm in NZ and Australia.
Plenty of people around our countries have the ring cameras, so what’s the hold up with the Alarm? I don’t want to import the US version but I will if it isn’t coming soon.

1 Like

Does Ring Door Bell or Any other Ring product work in Nigeria?

Hi @user41187. You can reference this answer here to determine where Ring is available.