cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring alarm for tenants and myself

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring alarm for tenants and myself

I recently installed the Ring security system in my rental property (no cameras). I want my new tenants to have access to the system, without having access to my account. I’m also installing ring video equipment in my current home. How can I allow my tenants to fully control the security system to their house, while not having access to the one in my own?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Ring alarm for tenants and myself

Hi @Lilhorn83 ! Perhaps this may help, Guest User Scheduling for Ring Alarm.

Let me know if that would work for you and your rentals! With this, they should not have access to your cameras Smiley Happy

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I want my tenants to have full access to the alarm system (ie; change settings, be the one who gets the calls, etc) but without having access to my own system. So basically, I need almost separate accounts. One they control and one for my own house. I prefer not to make my tenants activate their own service but I don’t know how else to give them access.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Why would you not setup two accounts.  I would get another generic email like myrental@gmail.com.

Only you would know the security questions to change the password for the email account.

Setup the rental ring with this email, then add your renters email as a user for the rental

They would get the 2fa when they login

You could remove them when the property turns over.

Grey Lancaster