Ring Keypad Problems

Just recently noticed Ring Keyboard network light stays red all the time. It is plugged into the Base Station. I tried all the reboot meethods but they dont work. On the app everything is fine. The buttons on the keyboard also do not work. Any ideas ?

Also noticed that you cant change the volume using the app. It wont let you save it…

Hi @mark_st. To clarify, do you have your Keypad plugged directly into the Base Station? The Keypad should not be plugged into the Base Station, as it should be plugged directly into a wall outlet to receive a charge. Based on the light pattern you’re seeing with the Keypad, it sounds like it is not fully set up which is why you are unable to change the Mode or adjust the volume.

I’d recommend following the steps here to factory reset your Keypad and attempt to set it up again after ensuring it’s plugged into a wall outlet. If that’s unsuccessful, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your Keypad and provide more advanced troubleshooting. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back on what support recommends, or let us know if the factory reset helps, as it may be useful for other neighbors with similar concerns! :slight_smile:

The keyboard doesnt plug into a wall outlet. the only cable on the keypad plugs directly into the base station. The base station plugs into the wall outlet. Also it worked correctly for a long time. Only in the last month has it quit working…

Even though there is a USB port on the base station, it’s not supposed to be used at all for anything at this point.
The keypad comes with a wall charger plug. The instructions state this. So if you plug it in like it’s supposed to it should work. Hopefully plugging it into the base station hasn’t caused an issue with the keypad since it could have caused a problem. Try plugging it in and see what happens…

@mark_st As @Eagle328 said, the USB port on the Base Station should not be used and the Keypad comes with a wall plug so it can be plugged into a wall outlet to charge. The Keypad should be fine after you unplug it from the Base Station and plug it directly into a wall outlet. I would also recommend factory resetting it via the instructions in my last post, and then walking through a new setup after the Keypad is adequately powered.

Should you experience the same concern after doing so, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to run through some more advanced troubleshooting steps and find a resolution for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what support recommends, or if my suggestions work out, as it may help others with a similar concern! :slight_smile:

That was it. Working now. Base station always works…

1 Like