cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Base Station lost wifi connection

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring Base Station lost wifi connection

My Ring base station started to complain that it has lost internet connection. Reconnect from the app didn't help. I pushed reset button on the device and it fixes the problem. I observed this problem 4-5 times last week. I have never seen it before (using Ring for a year now). Other devices don't have any problems with wifi. Wifi signal is very strong at that spot. Firmware is up-to-date.

How can I open a ticket with Ring to diagnose the issue?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Ring Base Station lost wifi connection

Glad you asked @sergey! One thing more I'd recommend here is to try using ethernet connection rather than wifi. This will give you the most efficient network connection. If this concern persists, our support team is always here to troubleshoot more in-depth to find you a solution. Feel free to keep us updated on the results! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Seriously that's the answer?  Don't use WiFi?  We recommend Ethernet?   This is the 2020's not the 1990s.

I have the same problem. Ring Base station connected for months with no issues, suddenly won't connect to my WiFi - every other device (more than 43) connected with no issues.

Tried reset, power off, nothing.  Any help here Ring?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @bdkFL99xx. This can usually be fixed with a quick reboot of the Ring Alarm system. To do this manually, simply get a paperclip and give the "Reset" button on your Base Station a quick tap. It is important to NOT hold this button down, and to just press and release it. After your system reboots, it should automatically sync back to your wifi connection. I hope this information helps. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Had same problem. Wifi disconnected and setup in the app refused to connect to any wifi network. Tom's answer worked and the base station rebooted and reconnected to the wifi network it was connected to previously. No need to reconfigure. (App was in the middle of configuration - had to cancel it)

But why was it needed in the first place?