Ring Alarm won’t recover from Cellular backup without manual intervention

I would like to add that my confidence level in a software problem in the Ring Base causing this issue is 1000%.

I would also like to add that ignoring reports of such a serious issue for at least 8 months is disgraceful. Yes, it’s true that it’s sadly very common for companies lately to (a) make it extremely difficult to get past completely useless Help pages and FAQs to report a serious issue to a human being, and (b) make it 99.9% likely that any and all reported issues will be completely ignored except for canned “have you tried power-cycling?” type responses. Still, for a company such as Ring to ignore such a very serious flaw in their single CORE product is absolutely, positively disgraceful.

This problem should be addressed ASAP, but upper management should take a very hard and long look at how this was even possible. How did the bug get in, and most importantly, how was it not caught in testing? How in the heck are you not monitoring and reporting such issues so you can pre-emptively detect them? For every individual who has taken the time to report this issue, there are thousands who have experienced it. In fact, I bet that the vast majority of your customers who have had power outages or routers that have gone down for a time have experienced it… unless perhaps they have older firmware that does not have the issue. This is a VERY SERIOUS software flaw in your product!

6 Likes