Ring Alarm to turn on light for Alarm instead of siren?

Hello friends, I’m a Ring Camera user but have not sent with the security system yet. My mother-in-law asked for a security system recently and I thought Ring Security might do the trick.

What she needs is the basics, window and door sensors and the keypad, BUT the alert for an alarm at night needs to be either a strobe or a light turning on as she takes her hearing aids out at night and cannot hear much at all.

I’m a veteran Wink hub user and I saw that the GE light switches I use on Wink are compatible with Ring. My question that no one on the Facebook group could answer definitively is this: Can I set up a light switch on the Ring Alarm system and have it turn on the light when there is an alarm during the night time hours?

I know I can do this on Wink, but I really don 't want to have to set up a Wink hub there as well.

Is there a way to trigger an action like this in the Ring Alarm system? If not, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to accomplish something like this.

Thanks,

Hi @ericwdunn2020. While we do have the Linked Devices feature, it is not compatible with third-party devices such as the GE Light Switch. With this feature, you’re able to set your Cameras or Doorbells to record whenever the Alarm is triggered. This won’t apply to any third-party devices the way that you’re describing with the GE Light Switch. With that said, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

I saw this in another part of the forum that might be helpful if you have Hue - https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Alarm/Ring-Alarm-Turn-on-GE-toggle-switch-when-Alarm-triggers/m-p/14431#M1889