Ring Alarm stuck on update

I know this is a little late to reply to this thread, but I just purchased my alarm (Received it yesterday 9/1/2020) and I ran into this same issue.

What solved my issue was connecting the base station via an ethernet connection temporarily. After sitting there for an hour and a half watching my ring app state “Updating” I went to the internet to see if others were having this issue and I found this thread. I attempted the “solution” steps listed, but those did not work for me.

So upon further inspection of my base station, I noticed the internet LED on the back of the base station was not solid green as it should be. So I figured there might be an issue setting up the base station on wifi at the start. I then decided to connect my base station via ethernet and not ten seconds later the internet LED turned green and two minutes later everything was updated. Ok great, right? Not so much, because there is one additional step you have to do after you disconnect your base station from ethernet and that is to actually assign the connection back to WiFi (It will not automatically swap back to it if it loses the ethernet connection). Once I swapped my base station back to WiFi in the Ring app, I was in the clear. I hope this helps.

1 Like