Ring Alarm motion sensor question

Hello everyone,

Ive been looking around online to see if anyone has already asked this, or if its addressed anywhere… but cant find anything. My question is this. Does anyone know if there is a way to set the Ring Alarm’s motion sensors to simply notify me of movement, rather than tripping the siren?

1 Like

@Hooked0nPhonics wrote:

Hello everyone,

Ive been looking around online to see if anyone has already asked this, or if its addressed anywhere… but cant find anything. My question is this. Does anyone know if there is a way to set the Ring Alarm’s motion sensors to simply notify me of movement, rather than tripping the siren?

Yes. At the top of the device page for the motion sensor you want notification for, enable the toggle for “Motion Alerts.” This will notify just your device when the sensor is activated, regardless whether armed or disarmed.

1 Like

Hi,

I want to opposite. I want to only notified about when alarm trips - something to really be concerned about. I don’t want to be notified everytime motion is detected because that is probably us moving around the house.

Thanks

AJ

1 Like

Hey @asimha! You are able to accomplish this through your Alarm device settings. If you visit the Ring app > Menu > Settings> Alarm Alerts, there should be an option to toggle on and off push notifications for each type of alert/ sensor. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Is there the ring alarm system available in Australia ?
Because I can’t find it

Hey @Jayden. The Ring Alarm is not available in Australia at this time. If we’re able to bring this to the AU market in the future, we will post about this in our News and Announcements section of the Ring Community. :slight_smile: