cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Alarm WiFi

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring Alarm WiFi

If I set my alarm up on a specific WiFi network, set up the motion sensors and contact sensors but decide to change network, will I have to do the setup again, adding each device at a time?

Considering setting up on a mobile hotspot just so I can set it up until our internet is installed and then hoping it will just be a case of changing the WiFi details in the app?
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Re: Ring Alarm WiFi

Great question @Danny-r! There is an option in the Ring app to change the network for your Base Station. As the Base Station is the central hub for communicating between your Alarm devices and home network, this change is only needed for the Base Station. Once you've changed the network, your other Alarm devices should automatically communicate to the Base Station as intended. 

To change the network for your Base Station in the Ring app, open the Menu, select Devices, and select your Alarm Base Station. Next, please tap the settings cog in the upper right hand corner of the Base Station device page. There you will see Network Settings and the option to Change Connection. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.