cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Alarm UK: can we have the additional sensors and options please?!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring Alarm UK: can we have the additional sensors and options please?!

Hi,

we have just the simple small Ring Alarm set available here in the UK, with the option to add additional Motion, window/door sensors and extenders.

When will we be offered the full range of Ring Alarm senors and options? The lack of an external siren is very noticeable when comparing options in the market for self-install home alarms.

Being able to buy say a pack of 3 or 4 window/door sensors would also be great for those who early adopted when just the single sensor Alarm pack is available.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Alarm UK: can we have the additional sensors and options please?!

Any response to this Ring team? As an original tester of the UK kit due to originally having the US version in the UK. The US version allowed you to add 3rd party sirens and other items, this is much needed, as an outdoor siren is a must for any basic alarm system.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yes I was amazed after buying a Ring alarm system in the UK to find that there was no fire/CO alarm or listener intergration or external siren (also still amazed at the lack of a glass break sensor but that's at least not just a UK issue) 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! I've reached out to my team about the idea of having more RIng Alarm devices for the UK, similar to the US Ring Alarm Security System. There is not an ETA of this at this time, but rest assured I've passed on this want and desire to the appropriate teams. We will make sure to make announcements in the Community when this time comes! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Will the us sensors work in the U.K.?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Sadly not, wrong frequency, even if they were straightfoward to get hold of 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Shame, as would stock up on some of the additional sensors for my system next time I'm in the states. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

It’s a great shame as I bought a load of them. They cost so much cheaper too. I’m now waiting to return to USA to get money backSmiley Happy
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hello, is there now an update on the ETA. Alternatively can I uninstall my app. Use a VPN changing to think I am in the USA and install the app again to get the USA version and then the app will give me the option to install third party Z wave sirens for example because innhe UK then dome siren is being sold on Amazon?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Pieman. There is not an ETA for when more Ring Alarm accessories will be available in the UK. The Ring App does not support the use of VPNs, so we do not recommend trying to utilize a VPN to use products designed for a different region. We recommend keeping an eye out on our UK News and Announcements board, as we'll post any updates and product releases there. Smiley Happy

Curious and want to learn more about the Community? Visit our Community 101 - New Member Checklist here.