cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Alarm - Turn on GE toggle switch when Alarm triggers?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Alarm - Turn on GE toggle switch when Alarm triggers?

Hi - when you say a second account do you mean user? Ie, from Devices->Alarm Base Station->Base Station->Shared Users ?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yes exactly!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks for that - its actually a very neat solution!

Have got it set up now - need to do a bit of testing to make sure it behaves how I think it will - but should be just the ticket.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Could you show me what are this commands to do it? Thanks
Highlighted
New Neighbor

1) Get an account at simplecommands.com

2) Connect the services you use (Smarthings, Ring)  to SimpleCommands see https://simplecommands.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002893093-Adding-Items (I use the web interface, not the android app)

3) Once you have connected your services, you should see all the items (Ring Alarm, motion sensors, smarthings lights etc).

4) Click on menu in the upper left (on web interface) and select routines.

5) Follow the GUI prompts to set up which items you want to be turned on/off based on what device is triggered (i.e. Ring Alarm, motion sensor) and what time/day's you want the routine to be run

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is a needed feature!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Any updates on ring system triggering the ge smart outlet when the alarm triggers? The ring alarm and the dome additional siren are both so quiet that I can barely hear it outside my house.. alerting neighbors is one key way to prevent or catch burglars.. Why doesn't ring just add an exterior, loud siren? I live in a rural area, the sheriff won't arrive for 20-40 minutes, the neighbors would be watching or driving over to my house if they heard an alarm.