Ring Alarm Sounded in Disarm Mode

While in disarm mode, our alarm sounded very loudly for a brief 1-2 second duration. It wasn’t the intrusion alarm sound though. All sensors look normal with no activity to doors or motion detection, and it was in disarm mode. What caused this sound to come from our system?

@JCR938 wrote:
While in disarm mode, our alarm sounded very loudly for a brief 1-2 second duration. It wasn’t the intrusion alarm sound though. All sensors look normal with no activity to doors or motion detection, and it was in disarm mode. What caused this sound to come from our system?

If you also have a Ring Camera device, there is the possibility the camera caused this. Some Ring cameras have an detection Alert Tone selection of “Siren.” It’s loud but brief, every time motion is detected.

Check Device Setting > Alert Setting > App Alert Tones > and ensure Sound choice is not Siren.

This is my guess. Hope this is you problem, or otherwise it remains a mystery to me. :slight_smile:

@JCR938 wrote:

Was it a camera sounding the siren sound? Did you solve the mystery? I’m just curious. :slight_smile: