Ring Alarm Hub dropped WiFi will not connect

So I have had our alarm system since December 19. About a week and a half ago the hub dropped wifi and went to cellular. I have done the troubleshooting. Then contacted support that requested I check with my ISP. The hub works if I directly hook it into the ethernet port on the router. But when I go through the pairing process, it will not find any wifi and gives me an error.

It connects via bluetooth, where I select wifi in the reconnect area, it goes to searching and immediatly states it cannot find a wifi. (I have full 4 bar wifi signal where it is located). Then immediatly goes to “oops! something went wrong” try again later.

Any help would be appreciated!

This is odd to hear @phildogbph! You Base Station working video Ethernet is a great sign that it is accepting network connection and communicating using such. Wifi should be connecting just as easy as long as it is within range. As you mentioned having this connected to your wifi for some time with no concerns, please ensure nothing has changed within your router settings. Any introduction of a new router or network feature is worth taking a look at. I recommend also checking the connected devices list on your router, as this will show you if the Alarm is connecting, if it assigned an IP address, or if it is being blocked on the network, depending on router type.

There are times where a wifi error might be misleading, and the concern could be related to something entirely different. For this reason, please remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device to ensure it is up to date. If possible, try also performing this wifi setup on another mobile device entirely. This will ensure the wifi connection error is due to any Ring app/ mobile device processing variables.

Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: