Ring Alarm Feature Update 8/13/19

Hello Alarm neighbors, we have some exciting new features available for you this month! It’s our goal to always keep you up to date with what we’ve added to your system. See the details below and please reply to this post with any questions you may have.

• Keypad LED lights are now adjustable

• You can now adjust the brightness of the LED lights on your Ring Alarm Keypad! The current default is 70% brightness. When Ring Alarm is alarming, the Keypad LED brightness will not change.

• Z-Wave lights and switches now integrate with Alexa

• You can now control Ring Alarm-connected Z-Wave non-color lights, switches, and dimmers using Alexa with any Amazon Echo device. Alexa can turn lights on and off, and set brightness levels between 0 and 100 percent (if dimming is available). These lights can also be integrated into Alexa routines. For example you can set a routine to have lights turn on when the door opens.
  • Improved in-app Ring Alarm support

• Each Ring Alarm device has new and improved help on demand in the app.
    • Follow these steps to see the update for yourself: Open the Ring app > Select “Devices” from the main menu > Select your Base Station > Select any Alarm device > Now you will see the option to view Help & FAQ’s specific to that device. See photo examples below.

• New push notifications when an Ecolink Tilt Sensor opens and closes

• You will now receive push notifications from the Ring app anytime your Ecolink Tilt Sensor is opened or closed. The notification settings for the Ecolink Tilt Sensor can be found on the device details page in your Ring app. ( Note: This sensor is not monitored when Ring Alarm is armed.)
  • Improved entry delay and alarming push notification alerts

• We’ve made these changes to help bring more attention to entry delay and alarming notifications.

Have questions or feedback? Please reply to this post and let us know what you think.Preformatted text

2 Likes

Does it adjust the bright green Battery light? My batt light does not adjust and is bright as every.

1 Like

@Jvocu wrote:
Does it adjust the bright green Battery light? My batt light does not adjust and is bright as every.

Agreed. Theres a dedicated thread just requesting this feature because it isnt being addressed. Why waste energy constantly illuminating an LED to tell me theres nothing wrong? A much smarter use of this LED would be to remain OFF unless there is an issue worth informing of.

Disgusting that Ring will not fix this. Who wants a bright greeen light illuminated in their bedroom at night saying that the battery is fully charged???

I adjusted brightness level in app and the green light’s brightness level has not changed

1 Like

@keibri89 wrote:

Disgusting that Ring will not fix this. Who wants a bright greeen light illuminated in their bedroom at night saying that the battery is fully charged???

I adjusted brightness level in app and the green light’s brightness level has not changed

Welcome to the ring family ?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Flat Mount Doorbell Plus