cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Alarm Feature Update 11/25/19

Community Manager

Ring Alarm Feature Update 11/25/19

Hello Alarm neighbors, we have another exciting new feature available for you this month! It’s our goal to always keep you up to date with what we’ve added to your system. See the details below and please reply to this post with any questions you may have.

Canceled Burglar Alarms Confirmation Call

Sometimes life happens, and you can’t disarm your Ring Alarm within the entry delay time to prevent the alarm from going off. We’ve added a new feature called the Confirmation Call to give you peace of mind. When the Confirmation Call feature is turned on in your Ring app, the first emergency contact will get an automated phone call whenever a burglar alarm is canceled. This call will provide you with the peace of mind that your Alarm signal and then cancellation went out correctly. 

You can choose to enable or disable the confirmation call by selecting "Settings" in the Ring app, then "Monitoring" and toggling the "Confirmation Call" on or off.

Check out this Ring Help Center article for more information. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
New Neighbor III

Re: Ring Alarm Feature Update 11/25/19

How are Ring customers supposed to find out about changes/updates?  I doubt everyone looks in this forum, and even then they would be easy to miss.  I think we should be able to subscribe to email announcemenets of product and feature updates.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Me too. I’m just browsing through where I saw this update. There should be a dedicated spot somewhere that talks about new releases and updates.

is this located somewhere?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @MikeyA! For announcements and feature updates, I recommend checking out our News and Announcements board and keep an eye on our different product boards in the Community. You may also subscribe to updates at Ring.com/announcements which will give you a heads up about upcoming features, releases, devices, and integrations! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Sounds good. I’m all signed up.