Hello Alarm neighbors, we have some exciting new features available for you this month! It’s our goal to always keep you up to date with what we’ve added to your system. See the details below and please reply to this post with any questions you may have.
Note: These features are only available with Professional Monitoring activated in the US and Canada.
Have questions or feedback? Please reply to this post and let us know what you think.
How do you access these features? I can't find them?
Is this another "we are rolling them out so you have to wait months" scenario? :-(
Hi @CrazyCat! The Duress code testing feature will only be available if you are resetting the code or creating it for the first time. If you already have your code set up, you can follow these steps to reset it and then test it:
- Open up the Ring app and go to the main menu
- Select Settings and then Users
- Select your name under Owner, and then Reset Duress code
- Once you reset the code, enter I AGREE
- Tap "Save" at the top right on the following page, then you'll get access to the Duress code testing
For the Ring Alarm SOS feature, you can access this by taking the following steps:
- Open the Ring app and ensure you are on the dashboard
- At the top right select the red shield icon with a white exclamation point in the middle
If you are unable to see these features, please make sure you are accessing the Ring app from the owner's account, have a Ring Protect Plus Plan subscription and that you have Professional Monitoring activated on your account.