Ring Alarm - Door Contact Sensor Chirps while Disarmed?

Hello, with the new alarm system, is there a setting where we can have the contact sensors chirp even when it’s not necessarily going to “set the alarm off?” In other words, if we’re home, I’d still like to know if an exterior door opens if say, one of my kids steps outside, which is fine, but just lets me know they did. Otherwise, I’d like to turn the alarm to “Away” when we leave or at night to set it off if an exterior door is open.

Hi @jtd1216. I have a quick and easy fix for you! If you go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Settings > Modes > Disarmed > Chirps > Just make sure you enable chirps and hit save. This will ensure you can hear a nice chirp from your Base Station (and Keypad if you enable chirps in the Keypad Chirps in the Device’s Profile page) every time a sensor is tripped! :slight_smile:

That’s awesome! Thank you! Will those disarmed chirps also hit my phone on the ring app?

@jtd1216 Of course! Happy to help. :smiley_cat:

They won’t show up as a push notification by enabling that setting in particular, but you can actually go into Devices from the Main Menu > Ring Alarm Base Station > And then if you go one device at a time (for your Contact Sensors and Motion Detectors only), you will see that each device profile has “Open/Closed Alerts” for Contact Sensors and “Motion Alerts” for Motion Detectors. You can even tailor this to which doors you care to know are opened, and which device you don’t care to know! Enabling these alerts will get you that push notification you’re looking for. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much @chelsea_ring !

1 Like