Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Alarm (1st Gen) Won't Arm

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring Alarm (1st Gen) Won't Arm

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out why my Ring Alarm will not arm from my keypad or from the Ring app. When I tried to arm my alarm from the keypad, the circle lit up red and made a low-pitched "bum-bum" sound. I tried it from a different keypad that I have installed in my house, and the same thing happened again. I also tried to arm it through the Ring app on my iPhone, and it will not allow me to select the Home or Away options. I also tried logging in through the web on a computer, and the same thing happened.

Has anyone else had this issue or know of any ways to resolve this? I checked for firmware updates, and my entire alarm system is updated. It also shows that all of the devices and sensors are online.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Ring Alarm (1st Gen) Won't Arm

Hey @lexhope. What does your Ring app do when you try to arm is in Away or Home, does it give you any pop up or something like that? Please take a screenshot if you have one to showcase any error message you get in the app! In addition, can you look in the RIng app > Main Menu > History > Alarm and tell me if it says why you cannot arm from here?

Lastly, for immediate assistance on this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We're taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Have you pulled the power/recycled the base station?

In devices does the base station also show offline?

Can you plug it into ethernet? 

Grey Lancaster
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I came home from work, tried to set the alarm system, and it was working, thankfully! The issue has seemed to resolve itself.

When I was trying to set it through the Ring app this morning when I was having issues, it wouldn’t respond when I would try to click the Home or Away buttons.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Sun Flares Smiley Happy

Grey Lancaster
Highlighted
New Neighbor

That’s my best guess, haha! That, or maybe it was just still waking up this morning like I was! 😊