Retrofit alarm kit showing tampered

Good morning,

I recently installed my Retrofit Alarm kit. I tested each sensor, and they all work. The base station chirps when I open any of them. My app keeps showing an error for all of them saying they have been tampered with. I have replaced the cover on the retrofit kit, I have tried to open and close the error in the app, but nothing has cleared it. How do I get rid of this error message?

Thanks!

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Everything works just can’t clear alerts on Retro Kit sensors.

1 Like

I have the same issue

Hi neighbors! The “Tampered” status is an indicator that the cover is open or off. This is nothing to worry about. For the Retrofit Kit try the following:

Slide the cover off the device and see if it shows as tampered in the Ring app. If the cover is already off, tap the black switch on the the front of the Retrofit Alarm Kit.

Check out our help center article for more information on the Retrofit Kit.

If the Ring app shows that your Retrofit Alarm Kit is tampered, the base station can communicate with your device. Ensure all covers are on as intended, and reload the Ring app to see if this status updates. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

This didn’t work for me, but what did work was removing the retrofit unit’s batteries for a few seconds, then replacing them.

3 Likes

This was the magic for me, too. Pulled the batteries for about 10 seconds; replace batteries and cover and it finally cleared.

1 Like