cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Range extender going offline on AC power

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Range extender going offline on AC power

Over the past week the range extender has been going offline at almost daily. It reconnects immediately if I unplug the extender and it switches to battery power. Once reconnected to power it will remain connected for about a day then the cycle repeats. Ideas on what may be causing the disconnection?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Re: Range extender going offline on AC power

This is odd to hear @Art2Sect4! The Range Extender should certainly remain online as long as it is within range of the Alarm Base Station. I recommend checking the area for any interfering objects, furniture, appliances, or large electronics that might be blocking signal. Distance is always important to consider as well.

If checking the above does not help to improve this experience, please try another outlet entirely. Feel free to let us know how this goes!  

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Placement is not the issue. It has been in the same outlet for about a year. It just went offline again. Removed it from the outlet and it reconnected immediately. 

Highlighted
Community Moderator

Thank you for that update @Art2Sect4. It definitely sounds like that outlet is fine if it's been working for that long. The best next step is to reach out to our support team for some in-depth troubleshooting. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.