Range Extender Battery failure

I bought a new Ring Alarm system about three months ago.

I have installed it now and the Range Extender event history shows “Battery drained” and “Battery is charging” alternatively every few minutes. It has been like this for over a day.

I have tried plugging it in and out. I have also tried Reconfigure Device in Advanced Settings.

Does this require a new Range Extender?

Hi @asalcedo. This is certainly unusual behavior for a Range Extender. I would suggest doing what we call a “remove, reset, readd”. First, remove the Range Extender by selecting- Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Range Extender > (Gear Icon) > Remove. To perform a factory reset, plug the Range Extender in the outlet closest to the Base Station, press and hold the button on the side of the Range Extender for 20 seconds, then release. Once that is complete, just add the device by following the steps in the Ring App.

If after a few days you are still seeing that low signal notification, you should reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Thank you Tom for your inputs.

I will do as suggested and follow-up.

Regards.

1 Like

Hi Tom,

After doing what you suggested all is working fine now.

Many thanks for your help.

1 Like