Questions Re: Ring Base Station, Extender, Signal strength

I just switched to Ring from another alarm company. I love the cameras because they all connect to my Eero mesh WIFI which is really strong. I have 4 cameras and 3 ring doorbells all connected to my Wifi.

I have concerns about the Base Station and sensors. My house is about 50 feet long. I also purchased an Extender which I have installed about 25 feet from the base station, central in my home. Some of the sensors on windows and doors say they have a “weak connection to your Base Station.” That’s curious. Shouldn’t they be connecting to the Extender? Pretty much the only thing with a strong connection to the Base Station are the sensors in the room with the Base Station. What’s a good way of fixing things?

Could I have a faulty Extender? Can I “Reboot Base Station” and is that safe- would that make things reconnect? “Reboot Base Station” doesn’t get rid of any settings, right? I tried “Retry Connection” on some of the weak devices but that didn’t avail anything. Should I Remove Devices and re-add them?

Base station and Extender for my 50 foot home should be plenty strong to get all devices connected really good. Any advice?

Hey @mrcannon. You are right to assume that the devices should have a good connection, as it seems like they aren’t very far from the Base Station as well as the Range Extender. Rebooting the Base Station is kind of like turning something off and then on, so you shouldn’t have any issues with doing that, as it should not alter or lose your settings for you.

For any sensors with a weak connection, you can remove them and re-add them near the installation location to see if it can ensure it is connecting to the Range Extender for a better connection. If after you re-add them back, you find the signal is still showing as weak, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. They can take a deeper look into this for you to get it sorted out in no time! :slight_smile: