cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protect Plus Plan with Ring Alarm

Highlighted
Community Manager

Protect Plus Plan with Ring Alarm

I wanted to take the time to break down what comes with your Ring Protect Plus Plan and how it works, especially if you have purchased the Ring Alarm.

What will you get?

• Professional Monitoring - If your Ring Alarm is triggered and the passcode is not entered to disarm it, emergency police and fire rescue are dispatched by our 24/7 professional monitoring center. Learn more, here in this Ring Help Center article.
  • Cloud Recording Services - View, download, and share any past videos for all of your Ring Video Doorbells and Security Cams for up to 30 or 60 days depending on your location.
  • Lifetime Device Warranty - We will replace your broken devices for life. Keep in mind that extended warranty only covers devices that opt into the Ring Protect Plus plan before your one-year limited warranty ends. It is also required that you do not cancel coverage at any time to maintain this warranty. Learn more, here in this Ring Help Center article.
  • Discount - you will receive a 10% discount on Ring products purchased on Ring.com.
  • Cellular Backup - If your Internet goes down, Ring Protect Plus subscribers will have peace of mind knowing their Alarm Base Station can still get the signal out.

Does this include all your Ring devices? Yes, this includes all your Ring devices in one Location. Learn more about locations in this Ring Help Center article.

What about other Z-wave devices? External z-wave devices, as well as non-Ring-certified devices, aren't covered for replacement nor professional monitoring.

Is self-monitoring a choice?  Yes, you can self-monitor your Ring Alarm and still subscribe to the Ring Protect Plus plan to enjoy all of the other great benefits.

Please comment below with any questions or feedback. We love to hear what you have to say!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Protect Plus Plan with Ring Alarm

Here's my comment.  I like the plan but your website is terrible in trying to subscribe - you make it incredibly difficult to purchase the plan - instead of having a simple "Purchase Plan" button you have many many steps with misleading instructions that make it almost impossible to complete.  Fix your website - maybe more people would buy your plans.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Sorry to hear about this experience @bdkFL99xx! We appreciate your feedback and will certainly share this with the team. If you are still having trouble with subscribing to a plan, our support team will be happy to assist further.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

How does the monitoring center contact you in case of alarm trigger? Do they call us before calling the police? or do they just dispatch the Police only? I ask this because I notice they do not ask for a phone number during the free trial ... not sure if they do once you sign up.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Good question @AdamN! When registering for professional monitoring in the Ring app, you'll be asked to include up to 3 emergency contacts depending on your area. Learn more about the emergency process and contacts by visiting this help center article.

As far as dispatching and receiving a call, this will depend on the Alarm reason and your location. Some Alarms might result in immediate dispatch, while others require a call prior to dispatching. In any Alarm event, the monitoring station will call you at some point whether before or after, using the emergency contacts. This help center article breaks down dispatch protocols further. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
New Neighbor II

Well, I did sign up for this service last Monday, and yesterday, the Ring system automatically disabled my service. The only thing Ring support can tell me so far is that the system automatically did it and they don't know why.

My question now is, that I had to sign up all over again, do I have to wait the practice period out again? I see a button to cancel the practice period, but I don't want to touch it as I am not sure if it will cancel the monitoring service altogether? 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Good question @AdamNYou can exit the 7-Day Practice Mode at any time, by changing your monitoring status in the app. Once you leave Practice Mode, you are unable to re-enter the mode, however, once you sign up for Professional Monitoring, you can switch between Professional Monitoring and Self-Monitoring as needed. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This thread will need an update, or another created when Ring Alarm is fully available in November as the monitoring options are different.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

i signed up for the protect plus plan and paid for it a couple months ago, but every time I put the system in "Home" armed mode I get a message that says we're not being professionally monitored. Am I doing something wrong? Is something not right with my account?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @campdc11! Being subscribed to the Protect Plus Plan is a great start. The next phase will be to register for Professional Monitoring through the app during the setup of your Alarm system. Once this registration process is completed, you will have the option to switch between self monitoring and professional monitoring as desired.

Check out our help center article for more information on Professional Monitoring. Smiley Happy 

/* */