Panic Button - Silent Alarm Request for Businesses

Hey there! I’m wondering if there is a way to silence the alarm for businesses? Its a scary thought to think my employees may be in a panic - but pressing a button and knowing the police will be on their way will put them at ease. Pressing a button and having a blaring alarm go off with thieves in the place may scare them into thinking the noise may trigger the burglars to harm them or rampage the store quickly.

What are your suggestions or is there a Silent Mode for the Panic Button?

4 Likes

Hey @ ahajihaidari, thank you for your feedback on this! I will pass this onto the appropriate team for you.

The current functionality that you could utilize would be the Duress Code. With the Duress Code, your employees can put in a 4 digit code, and then, once they hit the disarm button, it will turn off the Alarm system. After disabling the Alarm system, it will then send a duress signal to our Central Monitoring Station to call out the police to the business if you have professional monitoring activated. You can learn more about the Duress Code here.

Is there any way a Panic Button can trigger a Duress Signal? If not - is there any way I could submit that feature to be added? That’s a huge feature that should be available!

2 Likes

@ahajihaidari The only way to trigger a duress signal is via the keypad right now, but rest assured I’ve passed on your feature idea to the appropriate team! It’s a fantastic idea, and you can stay updated with all our latest features here, for future.

2 Likes

I totally agree that there should be a silent alarm feature. When I bought the panic buttons that is what I thought they did. Why would you want to hit the panic button and have the alarm start blaring, that is crazy. It needs to silently call the police!

2 Likes

Just purchased a RING ALARM for my shop. Can’t even imagine that RING didn’t make the PANIC BUTTON a silent panic. Defeats the purpose. Picture my employee looking down a barrel of a gun and the panic alarm triggers the loud siren.
THIS IS LIFE THREATENING!!

1 Like