Open Window Magnet Gen 2 Compatible?

Ok, I did some research on this. Now I understand what you’re trying to do. I have a similar setup with dual magnets so I can get air with the windows slightly open and still have it alarmed.
The old magnets should work with the new 2nd gen sensors. It’s all about placement next to the sensor. You may need to adjust the magnet up or down until you find the spot you need. There is also the slim magnets that may work better as well and look better too.
I’ve seen others online just take apart the magnet from it’s housing and either glue it next to the sensor or double-sided taped it. Also the 2nd gen sensors have a greater range between the sensor and magnet then the first gen does. But the magnet is still the same regardless of which gen they are. The housing is the only difference. Hopefully this helps. I wasn’t able to find any videos anywhere showing the use of 2nd gen sensors and 1st gen magnets.
Myself I’d use the slim magnets since it would just look better or pop out the magnet so it’s even smaller. Like you’ve seen there is no 2nd gen open magnet available yet. But the only difference is how it will look. I hope I was able to help in some way.

2 Likes