No Sounds or (keypad lighting) for Entry Delay Countdown

I for the life of me cannot seem to find a way to get my entry delay to make any kind of countdown sound(or flashing lights) upon opening up my store. When I exit and arm I get sounds during the countdown at least letting me now I have to lock up before the countdown finishes. My keypad also flashes lights during the process. Handy.

However, I get no such sounds(or blinking lights on the keypad) during the set time I have to disarm during the Entry delay when opening up.

Any assistance or expertise would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hey @aeneas1224. If your Keypad is not lighting up or giving any sounds during your entry delay, it’s best to ensure that there is indeed one. When you go into your Ring app > Main Menu > Settings > Modes and check under Home/Away, do you have any entry delay set up here? If you have this set up and the Keypad is still acting as it is, I recommend following up with our support team.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Same issue here. (How) did you solve it? Exit delay countdown is present but no sounds after entry. I am using in combination with motion sensor. I have had a few false alarm already because I forgot to disarm.

Hi @janissary. What is the Placement of the sensor that is supposed to be giving you a delay? This can be found when you tap the Gear Icon on the Device page in the Ring app. Once you’ve set the proper Placement, you should hear the Entry Delay. I hope this helps!

I’m having the same issue. It doesn’t make a countdown sound on entry, it only works when I’m leaving the property. I have a motion sensor (facing the front door) and a door trigger set up. The door beep works when I enter but there is no countdown at all from the key pad. This is very annoying as the count down could be the difference in scaring someone off quickly knowing an alarm will go off at any second. In fact I can’t even tell if the alarm will go off myself but I disarm it anyway just in case. It’s very frustrating.

Did anyone manage to resolve this issue as I am facing it too? It’s annoying because sometimes we forget to disarm due to the lack of beeps! It does beep when we arm it though! All the entry delay settings are fine.

Hi neighbors. This Help Center article here has information on troubleshooting your Keypad. If this, or the other suggested steps in this thread, don’t seem to help, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same problem. The workaround is to enter the code to exit and set to Away BEFORE opening your door to leave. Then open, exit and close the door. When you return the lights and sounds should happen as expected on the Key Pad once the Entry Delay has been started.

If you open your door before entering the code to set to Away then your front door sensor will be bypassed until after you return and re-enter the code - which will also prevent the Entry Delay from working with the red light / sounds.

Apparently Ring are pushing out an update (already live in USA) that will ‘fix’ this issue.

Hope this helps.

Hi @PeskyPull. The new feature you’re referring to is Open Door Arming, which is currently on a slow rollout. This feature will allow you to designate one Main Door to be open when arming your system. You’ll have to make sure the door is closed before the Exit Delay ends for the system to properly arm. You can learn more here. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.