New contact sensor case does not snap shut.

I’ve just recently bought a Ring alarm package. One of the contact sensor cases will not actually snap shut if the batteries are in it. I’ve tested the back sliding door on the sensor on another sensor and that’s not the issue, it something in the case for the sensor itself. The door to the case just slides on and off and doesn’t snap in. Not sure if anyone has encountered and fixed this issue?

That is odd to hear @SLCloster! As long as the Sensor and cover used is the same generation/ model, it should fit. As it sounds like this is so, instead of sliding the cover straight on, try sliding the latching part of the cover on first, then push the rest of the cover closed, to see if this results in a secure closing. I recommend also ensuring nothing inside the Sensor is in the way of the cover area, and that the cover is right side up. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Thanks @marley_ring , I’ll give these suggestions a try and post back.

1 Like

Sadly I’ve had no luck, the main casing simply won’t allow the cover to snap shut as soon as both batteries are in. With no batteries or one it’s fine.

Hey @SLCloster, Thank you for updating us on your Contact Sensor. Marley was definitely on the right track with the troubleshooting he suggested. Since we’ve had no luck with getting the Contact Sensor to snap shut, this may need to be looked into by our support team. Before reaching out, let’s take a few pictures of the Contact Sensor, as this will help the support team diagnose what may be causing this issue. Getting a picture of the back of the Contact Sensor as well as where the Contact Sensor is mounted will give your support representative a better understanding of the situation.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to update us after talking to support!

All turned out well. Called support and had a new sensor shipped out right away. Thanks for the assist. :slight_smile:

1 Like