New 2nd gen keypad doesn't work

I just received my new 2nd generation 8 piece Ring Alarm package. I have been able to setup each device easily, except the Keypad.

First question, is this the “proper” (only) way to contact Ring Support? If not, how can I create a Support Ticket?

Symptoms: When setting up the keypad it never attempts to communicate with the base no matter how many times I plug and un-plug it. I “think” it’s getting power, but it doesn’t respond in any way like the instructions indicate - doesn’t try to communicate with base, and doesn’t reset?

I have attached it’s power cord to a completely different device and the cord seems to supply power just fine, so that would rule out a faulty power supply.

I have tried the factory reset - holding down 10 seconds with tiny reset key. Nothing happens. It never flashes red like the instructions say. In fact I can’t feel any “button”, it just feels like a tiny wire going into a tiny hole and bottoms out on something - nothing feels like it’s being depressed.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi @kerank. While our support is more limited at this time, we have support via the Community forum for neighbors to help other neighbors and us moderators to chime in when we can, but we do recommend calling our support team first. For this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We recommend contacting support first, and then you can always follow up with the Community forum here!

While you’re here, I can help steer you in the right direction! Since you’ve already tried the factory reset on the Keypad and trying under power sources, there is one more thing we can try! Under Alarm Devices, do you see the Keypad there? If the Keypad is there and it says “Waiting to connect to a network” or something of the sorts, follow through with a Remove Z-Wave of the keypad. For this, you will ensure the keypad is plugged in and near the Base Station. Go into the Ring app > Main Menu >Devices > Alarm Base Station > Base Station > Gear icon at the top right > Advanced Options > Z-Wave > Remove Z-Wave Device > Remove and then when it’s “Listening for Device…” try pressing and holding the 1 key for 5 seconds on the keypad. If it says Device Removal Successful, the Keypad should come online in some short time under Alarm Devices. If it fails, or the Keypad is still not showing up, please give our support team a call up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Chelsea! That worked!

1 Like

Hi Chelsea -

My 2nd Gen keypad isn’t working as well.

I’ve tried the recoomemended troubleshooting and what you’ve suggested here but still haven’t had any luck.

The keypad won’t turn on even after charging. It was originally setup with everything else a few weeks ago but died and hasn’t been working since.

Can you help?

Hey @brandon1. If you’ve tried the recommend steps and find no relief in the steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Same exact issue I have. I need it replaced.