Multiple Chirps when open a door

@lbelfort wrote:
I’m experience a weird issue… happens with only one door (the most used) when it opens the alarm chirps 2,3 or even more times. It’s been happening for a couple of days. I reseted the base, everything is up to date, but it still do it. When I see the history of the door on the app it records several times open/close events at the same time

@lbelfort ,

There are two basic situations, that I can think of, that would cause multiple chirping. Both situations are a “Gap” issue.

Background Information: A Contact-Sensor is a device that utilizes a magnet (contained in the smaller half of the contact-sensor) to pull on a reed-switch in the other larger electronic sensor-half. The magnetic-field pulls the reed-switch shut and lets the sensor ‘know’ it is in the closed position. The magnetic-field strength has marginal “pulling” strength on the reed-switch, when the gap-space between the halves exceeds a 1/2-inch. That’s why you should mount the two halves so the gap is no greater than 1/2-inch. An even smaller gap is better. When you open the door, that gap then greatly exceeds the range of the magnetic-field, the reed-switch is no longer magnetically held closed, and the sensor indicates “Open.”

Situation 1 : On your “most used” door, the gap maybe just barely at the 1/2-inch magnetic-strength threshold. If you only used the adhesive tape to mount your contact-sensor, the frequent use has jarred the sensor mounting to slip and either widen apart slightly or become misaligned. And the magnet is now " just barely’’ keeping the reed-switch closed. Then as the door starts opening, the magnet “holds the reed-switch, then can’t hold the reed-switch, and then holds the reed-switch, then can’t hold the reed-switch, etc.” causing multiple signals to be sent to the Base Station, causing multiple chirps. If this is your case, remount the sensor-halves to tighten the gap at or under 1/2-inch maximum. Recommend opening the sensor-halves, use small screws to attach the base, so that the frequent use cannot allow the gap alignment to slip wider apart again.

Situation 2: Each half portion of the Contact-Sensor slide & click onto their mounting base. The frequent use might have dislodged it** a little off its base**, resulting in a wider gap. If the gap widens by a sensor-half sliding or dislodging apart, it again results in the “Situation 1” above. Simply push/slide to check that both sensor-halves are firmly seated/clicked onto its base portion. This is why it is a better technique to mount the electronic half on the door frame and and the magnetic half on the door itself. Then the heavier electronic half will have less chance of dislodging and/or incurring electronic damage, from the “jarring” effect when the door is slammed shut.

Bottom-line: You need to have good alignment and the gap distance closer between the two sensor halves, or you can get the multiple chirping as the door starts opening.

I hope this explains and helps you with your issue :slight_smile: