Multiple Base Stations or another way to get door/window alerts throughout the house

I have a 3 story house and my base station is on the main floor, with one floor above and one below. I cannot hear the base station unless I’m on the main floor, how can the system be set to alert me if a door is opened when I’m in the basement or upstairs? I don’t carry my phone around me in the house. This feature is a must for a home security system in my opinion. I’m coming from a traditional system of over 11 years and with this system it feels/acts a lot more flimsy and feels less secure if I can’t tell what’s going on throughout my entire housse when I’m in one area and can’t tell what’s happening in a different area? Advice? Update from ring? Tweak to the system that I may not have enabled?

2 Likes

You can use Alexa with the Ring Skill to do it. A little clunky to setup routines for seach sensor, but you can have her announce when a sensor is tripped. The new Echo Flex looks like it would be perfect for that use. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07MLY3JKV

1 Like

I agree . . . one missing device is a remote siren/speaker.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your feedback on this! We’ve seen this feature requested before and I will certainly share the ongoing value in this with the team.

In the meantime, try using Alexa routines through an Alexa enabled device as @perryw recommended. We will keep the Community updated with any future information on this feature, as it is received. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When I think about it, that really is something that the Ring Chime should be able to do. No reason why the Ring Chime should could be a remote siren/speaker for the Alarm.

** Obvious Product Enhancement Idea for Ring **

3 Likes

Good Morning. We had the same concern as the base station is far away from our master bedroom and we can barely hear the siren when it alarms. What we opted for was the dome siren that ring sells. It’s about $30 and it is LOUD. We added it in the hallway outside our room and you can hear it from outside in the garage. We live in a 2 level house and have never had an issue hearing a chime/siren since. Hope it helps!

2 Likes

Good morning all and thank you for the help!

I ended up spending time on my Alexa app, and went through the clunky-ness of setting each sensor to report to at least one alexa if not more on every level of my house which for now does work well but what a process it was! Thank you all for the help/advice!

2 Likes

I hooked mine up to all my echo dots. Allow for your Echo Dot (other smart devices) to discover the alarm system devices. Then assign them each a routine (for example, Front door when it “opens”, Alexa says, “Front Door Open”. It’s a perfect fix! Works great for me and my son.

1 Like