Motion sensor tampered

I just bought my 14 pcs set and got it installed, but one of motion sensor show all times tampered, second one working good,
Looks like to be defected :frowning:

Hi @Vladimi. When a sensor shows that it is tampered, it is an indication that the cover is not on correctly. If you are sure that the cover is completely snapped into place, but it is still showing tampered, try to press and hold the communication button for a few seconds. This should cause the Motion Sensor to report correctly. If this Motion Detector is far away from the Base Station, try moving your Range Extender closer to it to see if that improves its response! I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you for responding,
Tried everything, still not working :frowning:

1 Like

Hi @Vladimi. If you’re still having this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I may have the answer. I’ve had this problem for YEARS and I finally figured it out after reading multiple posts and……I had time.
The issue I had is the cover is not on good. Technically that’s the answer. But in my opinion the design is a bit flawed. If you have a 2nd gen motion sensor try this.
First with the sensor mounted and with your phone in hand and the ring app open, simply push the device as if your pushing or securing it to the wall. Does the tamper message disappear? For me it did.
When you take the device off the Mount look on the back. You’ll notice a small cut out with a small white pin sticking out. Now look at the wall Mount. You’ll notice a little plastic pin that sticks out. When mounted, with a good connection, the pin warning will go away. And by connection I mean the plastic pin on the mall Mount will simple touch or push in the plastic white pin on the back of the actual device.
What I did was add 2 small layered pieces of scotch tape to the plastic pin on the wall holder. Literally creating maybe another 1/2 of an 1/8”of extra “gerth” to cause the 2 connections to touch more efficiently. Problem solved. Sorry for the long post but, wanted to share this as I literally gave up on this last year. My device is mounted flush to the wall. not over tightened. :man_shrugging:t5: This design for the point of contact could be improved. But….glad it’s now working as it should.
Good luck!

1 Like

Hi @Rxarter236. Thanks for sharing this tip!