Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion sensor not triggering alarm

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Motion sensor not triggering alarm

Hi all,

I have just installed the alarm with 2 monitor sensors and door sensor.

When armed if the door sensor is tripped it triggers the alarm notification. However if either motion sensor is triggered then it just notifies me of movement only. It does not set off the alarm sounds.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Pete
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
New Neighbor III

Re: Motion sensor not triggering alarm

For each sensor you can set the mode for that sensor for the alarm - home and/or away.  You can also set up notifications.  Sounds like you may need to check these settings.  In the app, go to devices and look at each sensor.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

We have the same issue with my motion sensors.  We are still in the seven day set-up period, before the monitoring begins.  Last evening, we tried setting the alarm using the keypad.  I activated the alarm and waited the pre-set time for it to arm.  Then I walked into the kitchen, where one of the sensors is located.  Nothing happened.  Then when I opened a door that has a magnetic sensor, the alarm sounded.  

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm having the exact same issue.  Have you solved the problem yet? And if you have would you share that info with me please?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @Redlocks! From the main page in your Ring app, open the main menu (top left), select "settings", then select "modes". Once you choose home or away mode, you will notice the option to see which sensors are included in this particular mode. You may also choose whether a sensor will be included in the mode. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thank you for your reply.  All went well until I selected "Sensors" in Away Mode or Home.  Neither of those modes show My Motion Sensor.  Those modes show all my Contact Sensors on my windows and doors but no evidence of my Motion Sensor.  Thanks again for trying.  I'm open for any other suggestions if you have any.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Did anyone resolve this?

I've got the exact same problem...

Highlighted
New Neighbor

You need to wait 3 minutes after leaving the house for any motion sensors in the property that were tripped when you left to reset.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

No. Not solved. The response below to my question was not pertinent.
I’m still working on it. Sorry I don’t have any suggestions for you.