Motion sensor alerts only for away mode

Here is what it says:

Disarmed: When Disarmed, no sensors in your home will be monitored and no alerts will be sent to the monitoring station although the system will still be powered on and functioning.

However you’ve only bolded the part that says no alerts will be sent which isn’t fully what it says. It continues and says “to the monitoring station…”. The key words are to the station and no sensors monitored. It does say they will be powered on and functioning. All of that is true. It doesn’t say that no alerts will be sent to anyone at all. So while we 100% need this feature to disable notifications/alerts when the system is disarmed, their description is actually how it works even if it’s worded in a very odd way.

That said, what they wrote is not very helpful, because obviously we all expect that if the system is disarmed, that no alerts from the sensors would be sent to the monitoring station, trip the alarm, etc. If it didn’t work that way it would be pretty chaotic every time the motion sensor detected someone and they called you or sent the police! haha.

In the end, they MUST add a feature that allows for the notifications (email, push) to be disabled BY THE MODE. So if you are in Disarmed mode, you can have the option to have no alerts at all for motion or other individual sensors. That said, we SHOULD be able to keep those alerts for devices of our choosing as well so that I can have my doors alert me but not the motion sensors when the system is disabled. I just installed my Ring after years of being with ADT and although I was paying a crazy amount, their system had this ability and more with custom alerting. To Ring: PLEASE add this absolutely required feature.

10 Likes