Motion detectors assigned for stay alarm

Can motion detectors be assigned as part of the perimeter system that arms during “stay” mode? I have so many doors and windows that arming all of them would be rediculous, I would prefer to use motion sensors and use a subset of them for “stay” mode

1 Like

Glad you asked @skywagon! You are able assign sensors and detectors in the Ring app, here’s how:

1. Tap the Menu (top left).
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Modes .
  4. Select Home Mode.
  5. Select Sensors.
  6. Check off any in the list to include/exclude from that mode.
  7. Once selected, tap the back arrow (top left), then click save (top right).

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another question - I live in a very rural/woods area, can I connect an external alarm to this system, one that I might mount outside for neighbors to hear

At this time there is not a siren for outdoor use. We do have a Dome Siren that is “Works With Ring” certified, but it is intended for indoor use only. The Dome Siren is quite loud, at 95 decibels, and can likely be heard from outside if placed strategically in your home, although in a rural area, I’m unsure how far that sound would travel.

There are several camera models that also feature a built in siren, but they do not trigger based on the Alarm siren activating, and would have to be triggered manually when desired.