Motion Sensor flashing rapidly

Hi,

I have a motion sensor that went offline twice. This morning, when I tried to “retry connection”, after I opened the case to “tamper” with the device, the blue LED started flashing rapidly. What does that mean? And how do I get the motion sensor to function normally again?

I tried to follow this guide: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000071906-How-to-Completely-Reset-Your-Alarm-Devices

But even when I use a paperclip to hold down the button behind the pinhole on the back for 30 seconds, the rapid flashing doesn’t stop. I tried taking the battery out and putting it back, it’s still flashing.

Do I have a bad motion sensor? And by the way, the sensor is about 10 feet from the closest range extender (which has been online without interruption) without anything in between. Why does it keep going offline in the first place?

Thanks for your help!

Hi @mrmlt. If you’re running into your motion sensor falling offline constantly, it may be a good idea to reach out to our support team. They can take a deeper look into your account and do further troubleshooting with the device since you’ve done the bulk of it. I recommend reaching out to them here at anytime and then letting us know how it goes!

Thanks. Do you recommend using the chat or calling on the phone? Do I have to be at home, with access to the device, for support to take a deeper look?

@mrmlt I recommend that it’s best to call them, as they can direct you better when you’re speaking with a live agent over the phone. Our support team is very friendly and will breeze through any troubleshooting needed for you. Please also make sure you’re home, as they will need you with the device! At max, shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes of your time and you’ll be on you’re way. Hope it goes well. :smiley_cat:

Hello, I have the same problem with the Floodlight Cam!

What can I do?

@hplass The light on the bottom of the Floodlight Cam will be flashing for reasons other than the Alarm Device would. Normally, the Floodlight Cam is flashing when it’s in setup mode. I recommend going into your Ring App > Devices > Floodlight Cam > Device Health > and walking through reconnecting it to your wifi. If you see that you’re still having a concern, you can reach out to our support team here, or please post about this concern in the Security Cams board here.

I had already contact the Support team. And they will send a new system.

Thx.

1 Like

A flashing Motion Detector could be related to connection, and it is best to consider this first. Try bringing it closer to your Alarm Base Station. The next best step is to reference our Help Center article, shared by a neighbor above. If resetting and waiting some time did not resolve this concern, our support team will be happy to take a closer look for you.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.