Motion Sensor Blue Light

Is there a way to turn off the blue light flash on the motion sensor when it detects motion? It’s not that big of a deal but noticeable when you get up in the middle of the night and the lights are off.

4 Likes

At this time, there is no way to control the Motion Detector LEDs. However, we have seen other neighbors find success in using tape over the light. In the meantime, I’ll be happy to share this request with the team :slight_smile:

1 Like

There shuld be a way to disable the motion sensor LED when the alarm is in disabled mode.

The led is terribly annoying at night

5 Likes

In fact the montion sensor should be disabled when the alarm is in a disabled state.

3 Likes

Completely agree. Doesn’t make sense for the motion detector to be enabled when the alarm is disabled.

1 Like

It is absurd that this light flashes even in disabled mode regardless of time of day. It’s one of the things about this system that has me recommending a “don’t buy” when people ask.

4 Likes

I like all the sensors flashing even when disarmed. It is confirmation they are working, and saves me always running around testing them.

If the motion sensor flashing is a problem, maybe open the sensor and cover the actual LED.

Agree, Ring could make this an option, but I don’t see this as a major issue when it could be easily remidied on the one (or two) motion sensor that is bothersome.

2 Likes

I also would like to see the option to disable the LED from flashing on the motion sensors. I find myself covering my eyes when I get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and the alarm is set to home.

3 Likes

The quick flash wakes up my infant daughter on an almost nightly basis. I find myself not wanting to get up to use the restroom at night because I don’t want the light to wake her up. Mostly an annoyance but lately it’s been a huge pain.

Thank you for sharing this experience @ChrisJames, and do know that we have shared this feedback with our teams here. I recommend also checking out our Feature Request Board which we continuously share with teams for reinforcement on neighbor interests. If you see this request in there, go ahead and kudo or add a comment. If this is not in the feature request board yet, feel free to add it as a new request! If it helps in the meantime, we’ve seen neighbors use tape over the LED at night to avoid this. :slight_smile:

One option (thoough permanent) is to just break the light. I used a pen and stuck it into the little LED thing. Sensor still works fine and you can check from your phone that everything is sitll working.