cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion Detector triggering every hour

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Motion Detector triggering every hour

I have a motion sensor that is triggering motion every hour on the dot when there is no motion. I just installed the system and one out of the 4 motion detectors is triggering motion at exactly one hour increments. This had set off the base station twice. I have disabled the sensor to prevent nusiance alarms. I am not able to troubleshot at this time. I am writing the post as a place holder in the event that I need a replacement motion sensor. I will not be able to troubleshoot the sensor, as I will not be living at the house where it is located at for over a month.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
New Neighbor III

Re: Motion Detector triggering every hour

I can think of nothing that would cause a motion sensor to go off exactly every hour.  And that also does not sound like a defective sensor, they do not have clocks in them.  So I bet there is more to this story, which you will find out when you get home.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @MaykTyRambo! I recommend checking out our help center article containing tips on Motion Detector placement. Based on the symptoms you've shared, there may be a heat source nearby causing false motions. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Mine just started to do the same thing three days ago. It goes off every hour on the hour. Did you figure out what was wrong?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Kmcoomes. I'd suggest referencing the Help Center Article that Marley shared. If your Motion Detector is triggering constantly, it's possible that there is a window or a source of heat in the Motion Detector's field of view that is making it go off. You may need to reposition it to avoid this, or adjust the sensitivity lower. I hope that helps! Smiley Happy

Curious and want to learn more about the Community? Visit our Community 101 - New Member Checklist here.