Mode switching without prompting

Hi, tonight my alarm has started switching itself from “home and armed“ to “away and armed” without prompting and the app’s activity history is showing that my phone is changing the modes, but I had my phone in my hand and did not even have the app open when it switched modes. Has anyone else experienced this before or have any idea of what is causing this? I don’t have any automatic modes or anything like that set up.

Hi @ealdrich. The Ring Alarm should not be changing modes unprompted, as it can only be changed in the Ring App or on the Keypad. Do you have any Alexa-enabled devices or any Shared Users that may have changed the mode? If not, I would definitely urge you to give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your account and determine what’s causing this. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.