Live view not loading on desktop since desk top update on 06 09 2020

With yesterdays desktop app update, live views no longer load. Loaded fine the day before with no issues. Have two wired cams and vidoe door bell. Connectivity is not a problem. Tried relauching, issue still exists-live view dead

Hey @erporsche. What desktop app is this for, Windows or Mac? Can you please let me know what version of the app it says it’s running, what version of OS for Mac or OS for Windows you are running, and if you see this happen on your mobile Ring app. A screenshot of any error message you get when loading Live View would be helpful as well! :slight_smile:

MacOS Mojave, 10.14.6, current version. Loads fine on mobile Iphone. I have to quit Ring application on desktop, open, thenLive view loads quickly to view ring doorbell and 2 wired cameras. However, if computer goes to sleep, reconnect to internet and the live version does not load, indicates trying to connect. Prior to recent this weeks update of desktop app, this was not an issue and the live view loaded immediately - now “activating device” does not launch. Recent update changed this.

@erporsche Thank you for the extra information here! I will make sure that this note is passed onto the appropriate teams to see if they can take a look into the Mac app. I know that we had a concern with how the app behaves with the Mac interface and our team is looking to make improvements for the future. In the meanwhile, I recommend continuing to load the Live View on your mobile phone if there are no issues there, and please note that you may need to ensure you have a secure and established connection on your computer first before trying to trigger a Live View.

Please note as well that if you have any VPNs turned on for your Mac computer that this may be not allowing the Live View to load. I recommend checking out our Community post here to ensure any of the points made in our post are not the conflicting reasons for the Live View to be slow to load on your Mac computer!

I’m having the same issue on Ring App for Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6. It’s almost 8am on January 18,2021, and “All Activity” is showing the last event from the 17th at 11:09 PM. My iPhone app has 3 events since then. Even if I drag down to refresh the desktop app, nothing.

Hi @Zoogy77. Would you mind reaching out to our support team regarding this concern? They can take a closer look and offer more advanced troubleshooting support. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

windows 10 desktop, NOT ABLE to connect to live feed. while desktop is spinning, PHONE APP has the live feed displaying. same router, internet, connections, etc.
something is not connecting with the desktop
new installation of all software, i JUST GOT the camera