Limited Guest Access

Hi is there plans on creating limited guest access based on time? We have a cleaning lady that comes only once a week and just want to limit their access for that day and from like 10am to 5 PM for example. Is there plans on adding this capability? This will work well to if you have friends or family that visit once in a while and you want to limit access to your home.

2 Likes

Glad you asked @donzg. This exact feature is on the way! Keep an eye out for updates and announcements, as we will certainly update the Community with more information as we receive it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Marley_Ring wrote:

Glad you asked @donzg. This exact feature is on the way! Keep an eye out for updates and announcements, as we will certainly update the Community with more information as we receive it :slight_smile:

Great! When is this coming? We are doing short-term rentals and it cannot be soon enough. Thanks!

Hi Marley,

Does this feature allow us to give the guests access to the door only without necessary giving them access to arm/disarm the alarm? I don’t think this is currently available as a feature in the ring app. If I set a guest user a code I can’t just limit it to being able to open the door. They automatically have rights to the alarm as well.

Hey @donzg! Depending on the door, that would be best obtained through a smart lock. Owners can add a guest user and assign them a PIN which will arm/ disarm the Alarm or unlock a smart lock. At this time there is no way to specify guest access to a sensor or area, but a smart lock might feature additional options that allow you to differentiate a PIN for just that user at that door.

Also, you and @michaewh will be happy to hear that there is now Guest Scheduling for Alarm! Let us know what you think :slight_smile:

Hello @Marley_Ring , guest scheduling for alarm is good but it’s missing limited time scheduling like from January 07 at 3 PM to January 12 at 11 PM which is a very needed feature to short term rentals as mentioned in a lot of posts here and even some other ring forums on the internet.
Please advise if Ring is working on this feature or if we should switch to other solution in the mean time.
Thanks