Kwikset 914 model 450201

I have a pair of Kwikset 914s with a model number of 450201. I would like to know two things about them:

1. Are they Zigbee or Z Wave?

2. Are they compatible with Ring Alarm.

Attached is a pic of the stats. I fear that FCC number ending with “zig” means Zigbee but am uncertain.

Thank you for your time and patience.

@perfectres wrote:

I have a pair of Kwikset 914s with a model number of 450201. I would like to know two things about them:

1. Are they Zigbee or Z Wave?

2. Are they compatible with Ring Alarm.

Attached is a pic of the stats. I fear that FCC number ending with “zig” means Zigbee but am uncertain. Thank you for your time and patience.

I was curious when I read your post, and although I don’t own a Kiwkset 914, according to what I found out with online “googling” ;

Yes, the Kiwkset 914 does use Z-Wave technology.

And Yes, the Kiwkset 914 is compatible with Ring.

https://www.kwikset.com/support/productdetail/914-smartcode-traditional-electronic-deadbolt-with-z-wave-technology

:slight_smile:

I appears that the Kwikset 914 comes in two different flavours, depending on model.

This is what I got from Kwikset support:

"Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We understand you are asking if model #450201 is Z-Wave or Zigbee. Model #450201 is a Zigbee unit, we have listed a few HUBs you can use with Zigbee locks.

Zigbee HUBs:

1. SmartThings by Samsung
  2. Amazon Echo Plus
  3. Amazon 2nd Gen Echo Show
  4. Xfinity
  5. Rogers

We hope we have answered your question. If you still need further assistance, please contact our Technical Support Team at 1-800-327-5625 or by updating this case with your comments or submitting a new case. Our call center is open from 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM PST Monday - Friday as well as from 6:30 AM - 2:30 PM on Saturday.

Sincerely,
Jhoselyn N.
Kwikset Support Team
1-800-327-5625 (US)
1-800-501-9471 (CAN)"

I don’t think that the Model 450201 is compatible with Ring, unfortunately.

@perfectres wrote:

I appears that the Kwikset 914 comes in two different flavours, depending on model.

I don’t think that the Model 450201 is compatible with Ring, unfortunately.

Dang that’s a pity . . . yeah, Ring uses Z-Wave, and if your lock variant is a Zigbee, and since Zigbee is Not compatible with Ring, it appears you are out of luck.

There might be some type of workaround. I believe Ring is compatible with Amazon Echo Plus and maybe, someone smarter than I, might know of a way to make your lock communicate to the Echo Plus, which can then communicate to the RIng.

But, I don’t own any Zigbee devices nor any type of Echo device. Those Echo devices still kind of creep me out, always “listening” in the privacy of my home. LOL :slight_smile: