Keypad flashing red battery light

Brand new install. Plugged in the keypad and get a fast flashing red battery light. I’ve unplugged/replugged, reset (“1” key), etc. The flashing lasts for a few minutes and then nothing. Help?

That is definitely an unusual light pattern to see. Please attempt a reset by briefly pushing in and releasing the pinhole button on the back of the Keypad, while it is unplugged. You will likely need a paper clip to do so.

If this does not resolve that LED indicator, I recommend reaching out to our support team for more in depth troubleshooting.

2 Likes

Brand New just received 2 days ago. all door sensors and PIR Motion Sensors are connected and working fine with Base Station including one keypad. but the extra keypad is acting strange whenever I plug, it’s red battery light is blinking fast. tried “5” rest and all things can find in the ring site. but still no luck. only once it turned blue for like 1 min and then when i try to connect to the base station blue light went off. now every time when i do rest with a pin to the back the white light comes on and goes off with network indicator.

@KH2TX wrote:

Brand new install. Plugged in the keypad and get a fast flashing red battery light. I’ve unplugged/replugged, reset (“1” key), etc. The flashing lasts for a few minutes and then nothing. Help?

HI did you get your keypad fixed up?

My keypad’s battery LED is also flashing red. I wonder what was the solution!

Check out our Help Center article describing the Keypad buttons and light patterns for best reference at what your Keypad might be doing. A red light can be a network light due to a connection issue, or could mean the battery is very low.

For further assistance or a closer look at a light that might not be described above, feel free to reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like