Open sensor notification

This is basic functionality, done by most alarm systems. Should be simple, as we can already tag the different sensors, we should be able to hear a specific entry point as opposed to just a chime.

8 Likes

I am glad 2 other people have brought up this issue. It would very nice to have that option. For it to say open/close door, windows, back door, garage door and so on.

10 Likes

It really can’t be that hard

Tesla downloads updates so can ring ha ha

5 Likes

Since the Ring keypads and chimes will not verbally announce which contact sensor or motion detector is being tripped, I have programmed my Echo system to make the announcements for me. You can do this by building a Routine for EACH sensor and EACH Echo. I currently have 7 contact sensors installed and 6 Echos. I had to build 42 routines to allow each Echo to announce which of the 7 contact sensors were tripped. It is not an elegant solution, but it works.

2 Likes

I just was about to ask the same thing
i found out that you can do that using any Alexa device Just make a routine Alexa will announce it

4 Likes

Worked perfectly. I love the fact that I can tell different devices to only announce certain events

Ie downstairs only announces upstairs doors and windows

1 Like

Yes please add this feature?!

1 Like

“Front door” “back door” announcements when contact opens etc like ADT has been doing for 20 years.

1 Like

I agree ring should definitely have the option of each named entry point announce example back door open, frontdoor opened, window opened, etc. without the use of Alexa. It would be a valuable tool

1 Like

I agree. The system should allow the end user to assign each entry a specific name such as " front door has been breached ", hallway door has been breached, patio door has been breached, basement door has been breached, etc, etc etc. This way you know what are of the house the intruder has come in and can take appropriate action. As it is now all you know is someone has entered your home but have no clue where. The system also needs a feature that’ll allow the end user to lower the volume via the “schedule” feature so while during the day while using the doorway the system dose not “ding”

I miss this feature from my previous alarm system.

I could setup a timer, where I would get notified if a particular sensor was left open.

E.g. if my back door was left open for a 1.5min I would get a notification and alarm tone on the base station as well in case I don’t have phone in hand.

Its very hand if the kids leave a door open and don’t close after them. This should be applicable to any sensor and timer should be configurable.

Please add door ajar alerts so you can select go have door sensors alert if a door is left open for more than a certain period of time.

Can the base station play a constant sound until the door is closed? Example - kid left door open. After 1 min of remaining open, play siren sound on base station (different than alarm siren) and send push notification

This will ensure that the door keeps getting closed and my alarm can be armed automatically anytime my door is closed via Alexa.

1 Like

Did you forget to close your garage door after getting home and disarming your system? It would be great to get an alert reminding you that your garage door is left opened. You may choose to ignore the warning or be reminded again later. The Ring App could control these settings for your contact sensors.

How to set these warnings on the Ring app?

Repeating Alerts when a specified door has been left open… I would like to use this on my freezer door.

1 Like

YES! We need this simple functionality added!

It would be nice if we could set up custom alerts on things like contact sensors… like send an alert if a door is open for x amount of minutes.

Our garage is sometimes left open when someone is still home and the alarm is not armed. It would be great if the system could notify us on our device when a door is left open for longer than a specified duration. This duration should be set for each device rather than a global setting.

1 Like

I hunted around for a while but couldn’t find quite what I am looking for.
I recently used the Retrofit kit to connect up my old wired alarm system to the Ring alarm. Perfect, easy. But, what I am still missing is: On my old alarm, I had 3 panels around the house that had a set of lights indicating exactly which zone was active (open door or window or active motion) even when the alarm was not set. So at end of day I could easily see if something was still open or, in the middle of the night if I forgot to check I can just look at the wall panel and make sure that nothing is lit.
Currently I have to grab my phone or tablet, find the app, and check the dashboard (which has very small text by the way) or select Devices etc…
I would happily pay for another panel (actually 2).
Did I miss this somewhere and just blab for a long time for no reason? :slight_smile: