Keypad Problems

I cannot set my pin or duress pin for the keypad. When I enter the pin and hit save it gives me an error message and says “you did everything right but there was a glitch.”

Hi @JB1896. Try uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App before attempting to edit the code again. Should this concern still persist, you’ll want to follow up with our support team so they can look into this further. Our support team can be reached at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I contacted customer support and I talked with a tech guy. He trouble shooted the issue with me and then transferred me to advanced tech support. Advanced tech support was unable to fix the issue. He then said they would contact engineering. He sent me an email and asked me to upload the error message. He did not say when they would get back in touch with me. I currently have a brand new ring security system that is in practice mode and I cannot use it with the pin. If I accidentally open the door without my phone nearby the alarm will go off as I cannot get to the app in time to disarm it. This issue needs to be fixed or I am returning the system.

Hi @JB1896. As this is a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum and not a direct line to support, it would be best to contact our support team directly. I would suggest sending a reply email, or a follow up call with our support team.