Keypad Power Issues

Hello,

I have owned my Ring Alarm system since I purchased my home, a little over a year now. In the last 2 weeks my Alarm Key Pad has gone offline for no reason.

When checked each time (3-4 times now) the device is plugged in. Upon unplugging and replugging in the unit with the provided USB cable and charger - the device immediately starts back up.

I have checked the firmware in the app and it says up to date, I have tried the reconnect and reconfigure procedures, as well as hitting the rest pin hole. At this point, it appears there is an issue with the battery not properly holding charge, or accepting charge from the power cable and adapter.

I will note that I have only ever had the key pad plugged in - I’ve never ran it on battery alone over the entire time I’ve owned it. Is there a warranty option to replace this - I’d really prefer to not have to pay out of pocket for a faulty device.

1 Like

@decoy_effect wrote:
Hello, I have owned my Ring Alarm system . . . a little over a year now. In the last 2 weeks my Alarm Key Pad has gone offline for no reason. Upon unplugging and replugging in the unit with the provided USB cable and charger - the device immediately starts back up. I have checked the firmware . . . the reconnect and reconfigure procedures . . . appears there is an issue with the battery not properly holding charge . . . Is there a warranty option to replace this - I’d really prefer to not have to pay out of pocket for a faulty device.

It sounds like you have already done most of the trouble-shooting remedies from the Ring Help Support section:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042155432-Troubleshooting-your-Ring-Alarm-Keypad-2nd-generation-

But did you also already try this recommendation (including removing the keypad Z-wave device)?

1. Unplug the Keypad.
  2. In the Ring app, tap Menu , then tap Devices , then tap Alarm Base Station , then tap Base Station.
  3. Tap the Gear icon on the top right corner, then tap Advanced Options , then tap Z-Wave , then tap Remove Z-Wave Device.
    _Note: Do not tap “Reset Z-Wave Network”. This will remove your entire Ring Alarm network and you’ll need to reset every device. _
  4. Tap Remove and the app will say “Removing device, Listening for device to remove".
  5. Tap the pinhole reset button using the pinhole tool included or a paper clip. The device should be removed successfully and you may now set up the device.

And if your issues continue, you should call Ring Support by telephone. If they cannot help. they should be able to determine you warranty options and possible replacement:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

I hope you get you keypad issue solved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have this same exact problem. How did you resolve your issue??