cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keypad Freezing

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Re: Keypad Freezing

Both keypads have frozen twice in the last week, lucky i was able to disarm via the app before the countdown finished. 

I unplug them (from the keypad rather than the putlet) once a month and have used the reset pin on the back two or three times to remedy frozen keypads. 

Firmware is all up to date. Just providing feedback for now.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Both keypads have just frozen A THIRD TIME THIS WEEK DURING DISARMING PROCESS! 

RING WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @TechGuy42 I suggest giving our support team a call at 800-656-1918 so they can take a look at your keypad and further assist with more steps. Although we are more than happy to help, calling our support is your best bet for more in depth troubleshooting.

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Mine has gone "Offline" a few times since I've installed the system. It is frustrating to have to do the factory reset on the Keypad, and re-install it on my Alarm system. Is there a software fix that needs to be updated on my system? I was recommending the system to others, until the second time it went offline and wouldn't do anything. Now I'm telling others to be ware - the system may not be as good as we thought.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@AKPapa Do you have a strong connection to your keypad? Is it plugged in all the time? 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yes, it's alwaysplugged in and is about 2 ft. from the Base.

Highlighted
Community Moderator

If you're still experiencing this, we highly suggest giving our 24/7 support team a call at 800-656-1918. We're confident a team member will be able to assist further. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Both keypads failed in the same day, one showing red wifi light the other showing yellow. 

Both refused to connect to the base no matter what we did to troubleshoot with tech support, they sent replacement keypads and im currently waiting for them now, using my system purely through my phone but im hesitant to arm the system at all because of how long its taking to connect to the base station. 

Before you ask; i have a 400mbps internet connection, the base is 4 feet from the wifi, keypads roughly 30 feet from the base, in a 1 bedroom apartment, signal strength should not be an issue... besides the fact this is OBVIOUSLY a wide spread issue due to some recent change ring made to cause so many customers’ keypads to suddenly all go bad at once

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @TechGuy42 - we have asked the neighbors on this thread to call our 24/7 support team, including in a post directed to you on June 6. Have you? If not, please do. Per our Community Guidelines, you'll note that this is not a support channel and you should always contact support first. There is no further information we can give you on the community, so please contact our support at 800-656-1918. Thank you.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

@Jennifer_Ring wrote:

Hi @TechGuy42 - we have asked the neighbors on this thread to call our 24/7 support team, including in a post directed to you on June 6. Have you? If not, please do. Per our Community Guidelines, you'll note that this is not a support channel and you should always contact support first. There is no further information we can give you on the community, so please contact our support at 800-656-1918. Thank you.

@Jennifer_Ring its increasingly frustrating that y’all dont actually read our posts before responding.